Experienced Woodworking Tutor
We are seeking a suitably experienced teacher/tutor to instruct traditional woodworking skills to adult students during evening, weekend and daytime tutor sessions.
“Handsome & Co seeks out and employs tutors that are professional designer/makers, who are currently engaged in their own creative practices. These tutors will bring a wealth of extensive technical knowledge in the methods and application of traditional and modern woodwork techniques. Most importantly, our tutors are role models, who can inspire students through their active industry practice.
Our tutors will provide demonstrations and knowledge in timber and traditional technique, but most importantly our tutors act as the vehicle to influence their student’s exploration of materials, ideas and processes.”
- Demonstrated experience in traditional and modern woodworking essential.
- Confident communication skills and an ability to convey information accurately and to address specific needs/wants of students.
- Engaged in their own designer / maker practice and ongoing development as a manufacturer, designer and teacher.
- Experience with woodworking specific static machines and comprehensive knowledge of safety and OH&S procedures.
Key attributes and skills required for the role include:
- Ability to relate well with students and staff.
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail.
- Well organised with the ability to follow processes and work within systems.
- Enthusiastic and passionate about woodworking and design.
Teaching experience is preferred, however it is not essential to be successful in this role. If you have a comprehensive woodworking / furniture making knowledge and a passion for timber as a medium, we would like to hear from you.
If you’re interested in teaching at Handsome & Co and feel that you meet the essential criteria, please email us your current CV and a cover letter to email@example.com
Teach a short course at Handsome & Co.
Handsome & Co is always interested to hear from experienced and talented people who would like to bring their specialised expertise to our classroom.
Expert teachers are the key to our engaging short course program – they bring; skill, creativity, industry experience, and an enthusiasm to teach adults.
Teachers should have a record of practice in their specialised field and experience teaching adult learners. A formal teaching qualification with Certificate IV in Training and Assessment is preferred, but not essential.
To submit an expression of interest to teach with Handsome & Co, email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org :
- A current resume, which includes at least two referees who can attest to your expertise in your field and your ability to communicate effectively in an education context.
- A descriptive overview of the proposed course, outlining the key areas of learning, resources, tools and equipment required and the expected duration.
- A statement, which explains what you bring from study, work and life experience that equips you to teach the course program.
- Your availability, and preferred choice of day and time for the course.